[Diy_efi] GM ECM Forum 455 TBI Stuff

Aaron aaron
Wed Jan 30 16:50:02 UTC 2013

I'd like to keep it on the list.

Mostly since it's not real active.

As for the Dynamic EFI EBL, I don't have much experience with it.

Here's the link to the webpage. http://www.dynamicefi.com/

The quick answer is some with WAY too much time on their hands built an
add-in board with better code for the OBD I GM ecu's.

Looks like he also has added a GM P4 ecu and a SFI-6 ecu to the list of
add-in boards.

To work on a stock GM 7747, I had to buy EEPROM chips, a chip burner and bin
editing software. Then you get monitoring software and cable so you can
watch the data while running / driving the car. I went with the Moates APU1
AutoProm and G2 Memory Adapter. That way I got all the hardware and software
in one shot with a more available Flash Chip. It's a use and remove
solution.

The EBL will accomplish the same functions and add several new ones. It is a
permanent installed solution. Be warned thou, it does not run the 7747 $42
code or stock bin files. The good news is, they have a bin for the Olds 455
and 700R4 trans. AND it's not a motorhome tune that dumps way too much fuel
to get 7 tons of house moving.