[Diy_efi] was: 'Logmaster?' now Facebook

Bill Shaw b.shaw
Sat Mar 16 14:28:51 UTC 2013

Every few years somebody new comes along and suggests we move to a
forum.  The result is always the same,  we stay a mailing list.

  At best case moving to a forum will splinter the population.  Some
will move to the latest 'new thing' many will not.  At worst the list
will just die (again) as the vast majority of the latest flashes in the
pan do.

I personally read most of the emails that come through as I clean out my
mailbox every day.  I will most likely not go to some web site and read
up on all the latest posts every day.  My day is too full.

And forget Facebook.  Facebook just plain sucks.  Smyth Performance is
trying to build a business on Facebook without using a typical web site,
and it is a disaster.  Everything just flows off the page and is lost in
the timeline.  There is no organization,  you cannot find anything
there.  It is a mess.

just my ho.

Bill