No subject

Thu May 30 06:06:35 GMT 2013

better, a cheapie
pwm radio/control type as someone else mentioned is ideal. However, some
years ago
I had to recalibrate the speedo on a vl calais turbo and found I could
move the
rotating magnet assembly further or closer to the reluctance wheel, so if
you have any pickup at all anywhere on the rear - or even front then you can
try this trick instead,
regards
mike

At 05:46 PM 20/10/2012, you wrote:
>I have tested a smaller stepper motor, but it was too slow.
>
>Have ordered a non geared stepper motor which has a spec sheet that says
>its good for 500 PRM and will try again.
>
>Stepper motors are torquey at very low RPM, so if this motor will turn the
>speedo, I will keep going with it.
>
>Be interesting to see whether the stepper or a DC motor system works best.
>
>Hugh
>

>Normally it's going to be 1000 turns\mile.? Dials out to be 60MPH as well.
>Some British speedos are different, but are usually marked in tiny script on
>the face.
>Jim

End of Diy_efi Digest, Vol 12, Issue 26