[Efi332] XFI555 status

David Eicher sailors3
Fri Apr 1 15:05:26 UTC 2005

Hello list:

The EABI API is compiling and assembling without errors now using the GNU C
toolset (target = PHYTEC MPC555). I have a small test program written that
toggles LEDs on/off and responds to commands from QSCI and outputs to QSCI.
I'm working my way through linker errors now. The GNU linker doesn't like
line 38 (shown below with ERROR HERE). There is no command defined in the
GNU documentation for LOAD(  ), doesn't anyone know what the author intended
to do using this load command? I took this linker script from the CME-555
Diab demo library. Any Diab experts out there?

It seems like the intent is to cause the linker to place the .data section
at the address of __DATA_ROM but I've not been able to find a GNU equivalent
that will be accepted.

Thanks for any insight you might be able to offer,

Dave

SECTIONS
{
	/* The first GROUP contains code and constant data. */
	GROUP : {
		.reset : {}
		.text (TEXT)	: {
			*(.text)
			*(.rdata)
			*(.rodata)
			*(.frame_info)
			*(.init)
			*(.fini)
			*(.eini)
		}
		/* .eirtable ALIGN(2048) : {} */
		.sdata2 (TEXT)	: {}   /* small CONST area */

	/* The second GROUP allocates space for initialized data and
uninitialized data. */

	GROUP : {
		__DATA_ROM	= .;
		__DATA_RAM	= .;
		.data  (DATA) LOAD(__DATA_ROM) : {}		<-ERROR HERE
		.sdata (DATA) LOAD(__DATA_ROM+SIZEOF(.data)) : {}
		__DATA_END	= .;