[Efi332] Queued SCI transmit with interrupts on MPC555

BowTieVette at aol.com BowTieVette
Fri Dec 9 01:37:39 UTC 2005

In a message dated 12/8/2005 9:53:59 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
sailors3 at comcast.net writes:

Hi  John,
This morning I got  up, fired up the machine, and ran this again. Now it does
not work?.., it ran  several times last night but after being powered down
all night, it does not.  I must have had the hardware in some state that allowed
it to work, which I  can?t duplicate this morning. So, I?m still trying to
figure out a combination  of ?start transmit? code and ISR that will keep the
queue transmitting  reliably. Does you or anyone have an suggestions about
what is wrong/missing  from this code?
Thanks,
Dave

Dave,
I think something that was mentioned on the mpc500 list may be at the root
of the variability you are seeing. Could a SCI error be hanging the
transmission  on you? You might check all the SCI flags in your ISR to be sure an error
did not occur there as well. Since the QSCI is really appears to be a macro on
 top of the SCI, I think you are still subject to having to handle all the
SCI  errors. There could well be something in your QSCI implementation that
makes SCI more prone to errors. If this turns out to be the(an) issue  you may be
able to take the handling of these right from my 332  code SCI interrupt
handler.
jc