[Efi332] BDM troubles

Doug Brunner doug
Sat Jul 2 15:51:00 UTC 2005

My problems have been with GDB's support for the BDM interface. I'm
actually using the Phytec board's internal BDM (parallel port on the
board) rather than the 10-pin header for an external BDM, since my only
BDM is a Tilbury unit from way back when that has been more than a
little flaky.

As I understand it, GDB needs some kind of addon to talk to a BDM via
the parallel port. I've tried MPCBDM as discussed on James' 555 Webpage,
running gdb 5.0 (since that's the only version I've seen the patch for)
as root, and it doesn't seem to accomplish anything--it just hangs when
I try to connect to the board. What has everyone else been using?

       --Doug Brunner