[Efi332] BDM troubles

David Eicher sailors3
Sun Jul 3 03:40:16 UTC 2005

Hi Doug,

If you click on the reset button on OCD Commander, and the reset LED flashes
on the Phytec development kit carrier board (is that what you mean?), you
are definitely talking to the board. So..., the only difference between your
setup and mine is..., you are using a wiggler and the 10pin BDM interface on
the carrier board. And I'm using a parallel cable and the BDM parallel
connector (and carrier board BDM interface) on the carrier board (PPC-995).

Just looking at the schematic for the PPC-995, it looks like you might need
to remove some jumpers to use the 10-pin interface to make sure the PPC-995
BDM interface doesn't interfere with the wiggler. It looks like you need to
pull JP5, JP6, and JP1. That should take the on board BDM interface out of
the picture.

HTH,

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: efi332-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:efi332-bounces at diy-efi.org] On
Behalf Of doug at UDel.Edu
Sent: Saturday, July 02, 2005 7:15 PM
To: efi332 at diy-efi.org
Subject: Re: [Efi332] BDM troubles

I set up OCDRemote successfully, but it doesn't work--it keeps
saying the target's power isn't on. Same thing with OCD
Commander. However, when I hit the reset button in OCD
Commander, I can see the reset LED flash, so it's definitely
communicating. Any ideas?

BTW, my command line for OCDRemote looks like this:
ocdremote -c MPC55X -d WIGGLER -a 1 -s 7

        --Doug Brunner