[Efi332] Standard GNU C library for CYGWIN

bowtievette at aol.com bowtievette
Sat Jul 23 13:28:26 UTC 2005

Just use the SCI for now Dave. The QSCI is tricky to implement and its main advantage is when you want to do continuous transmission. For printf, I assume you will be sending short strings out so I would think a simple polled SCI implementation will get you what you need. You probably won't be using this interface when you are actually running your efi application.
I'm puzzled by Kevins statement with stdlib though. The efi332 code makes very little use of library functions and I have not found too much executable size change with different libraries so I'm curious what is going on there.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Eicher <sailors3 at comcast.net>
To: efi332 at diy-efi.org
Sent: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 19:26:29 -0700
Subject: RE: [Efi332] Standard GNU C library for CYGWIN

Hi Kevin,

Yep, I?m not aware that a library exists for SCI either. So.., it looks like I?m going to build one. One thing I struggle with is, use SCI or QSCI? My ultimate goal is to be using QSCI with interrupts. But that might be a bit much to hope for initially. Maybe I?ll try to walk before I run, and just use basic character puts and gets. Then, when I?m more familiar with the process of building a library (never done it), I?ll go for the more powerful approach.

That is nice to know that the stdlib with GCC is so big, gotta stay away from that!

Thanks,

Dave