[Efi332] Building newlib/libgloss for MPC555

David Eicher sailors3
Sun Jul 24 16:30:10 UTC 2005

Hello,

Okay, I'm starting to get oriented here a bit. I'm trying to figure out what
configure does, and what to use for host and target (what configure does
with these arguments).

My host is WindowsXP (win32?), but config.sub doesn't recognize that as a
valid alias for anything, not sure if configure will accept that.

My target is MPC555, but in this context is that just powerpc? Not sure what
configure does with the target info I give it. Maybe it uses that to select
the appropriate libgloss?

I'm trying to understand which libgloss to use, don't know if it is more
appropriate to use m68k or rs6000. What actually is rs6000, when I do a
google search on it I just get IBM RS6000 server (a complete computer, not a
processor chip).

Little by little I'm unraveling the mystery here, building this library will
probably take 5 minutes, when I have all the info I need.

Thanks,

Dave