[Efi332] xfi555 Progress

David Eicher sailors3
Tue Mar 15 14:11:13 UTC 2005

Hello,

Due to much help from many people, I have just about completed compiling the
MPC500_Quick_Start software from Motorola for use on the MPC555/565
controllers (using GNU environment).

I'm just working on a little test program to get this environment up and
running, I now have 19 object files, and believe I'm very close to having an
executable. But..., there is a file init.c that includes header files
fileio.h and memfile.h that won't compile because these header files are
nowhere to be found on my hard disk (not in the quickstart package).

I'm not sure that I need this file init.c, I'm in the process of searching
to discover why it is even considered necessary (where it is called).
UltraEdit just reported that the function in init.c (init_main_guts) does
not appear in any other files. Hmmm, I'll have to figure out what to do
about this.

If anyone is familiar with this init.c or those header files, please let me
know. Thanks.

But, anyway, I'm getting close to have some code to run!

Regards,

Dave