[Efi332] Update: GNU tools and Motorola MPC555 Quick Start

David Eicher sailors3
Sun Mar 20 15:18:24 UTC 2005

Hello list,

I've struggled for quite some time now and am close to having my first
application built on the EABI API. Everything was compiling and I was having
linker troubles, in my efforts to resolve the linker issues (undefined
symbols), I've had to add code (startup.c). So I'm now back to compilation
issues.

Startup.c compiles okay but when the resultant asm code is submitted to the
assembler I get four errors. I'm working on figuring that out, the errors
are related to the "asm("   ");" statements in startup.c.

I'm really confused about what to do with the initialization of the stack
pointer. The EABI API establishes the following conventions:

Register:
r1		stack pointer
r3		SDA2 data pointer
r13		SDA data pointer

The GNU extended ASM feature allows me to use registers, but it doesn't
allow me to choose which one I want (that I've discovered so far). So I'm
struggling to figure out how to init all these pointers and have it all
work.

I'm just a few errors away from having an executable, I can taste victory
right around the corner here! Just gotta keep pushing.

Regards,

Dave