[Efi332] XFI555 GNU C Questions

Paul Helmuth phelmuth
Thu May 19 22:38:01 UTC 2005

David,

This isn't in response (at least not directly) to your question/post
regarding the GNU tool chain. However, I may be able to help you with
some things.

I have been working (by myself) on an MPC555 based engine management
system for some time now. Of course, the going is a bit slow when you
are doing everything yourself.

Anyway, I am also using the GNU tool chain and a Phytec 555 development
board - so I may be able to answer a lot of questions (but not
necessarily, as I am learning this as I go).

I would be very interested to learn if there is any "current" archive or
copy of the TPU code that was/is being used. I was unable to get a
related emulation mask (one that Pieter Siebold used in the AEMS555
project) to work. However, I have had some luck using a standard
automotive mask available form Motorola (TPUMSKAB). That being said,
from what I have seen the mask developed for the EFI332 project would be
ideally suited (as I am using a 60 minus 2 crank wheel and many features
are nicely accommodated - as far as I can tell).

Is there any active copy of this mask that folks are working on?

Paul A. Helmuth
Software Development
Cardiovascular Imaging Technologies
4320 Wornall Road Suite 55