[Efi332] Queued Serial IO on the MPC555...

Paul Helmuth PaulHelmuth
Sun Sep 11 17:33:59 UTC 2005

All,

My "ignition only" testing has gone flawlessly. I had some initial issues with my sensor mount not being rigid enough (engine vibration would cause the crank trigger signal to get mangled such that PMMX would lose synch), but an additional bracket (from the tip of the sensor mount back to the block) has that under control.

I have a lot of stuff to do to add the fuel injection side, but one critical piece of the puzzle will be to implement queued serial I/O. Right now I am just the simple "direct/immediate" I/O routines (you see these everywhere in various sample code for the 555 - I think Axiom may have been the original author?).

I have seen a few comments from the group that indicate there are some problems getting the queued serial I/O to work (at least reliably, consistently, predictably). That's a little disconcerting, but I'd like to see if I get it sorted out.

I have taken a look at Jeff Clark's source from the 332 project, but I was wondering if any of you may have some work in progress on the 555 platform that I could use as a starting point?

Needless to say, I would make my results available to the group.

It would also be great to collect a "bug list" - that is, to understand any existing problems that you guys have seen. I have heard there are problems, but I don't recall seeing any specifics.

Hope all is going at least as well for your projects.

-Paul