[Efi332] ITC and PMA/PMM timing relationship.

Andrei Chichak andreic
Sat Dec 30 06:58:37 UTC 2006

At 12:23 PM 12/29/2006, you wrote:

>Hi Andrei,
>
>My experience is all with PMMX?, PSP? etc, I
>assume that is what you are using.

No, I assembled the "A" series microcode and am
using the stock ITC PMM and PSP routines.

>By "sycnchronization" I assume you mean you are
>having trouble getting PMMX's 720 degree counter
>to respond properly to your cam synch signal
>(and adjust its counter to align with the
>position in the engine cycle) and not PMMX's
>58xx crank wheel pattern synching. I assume that
>your PMMX is synching up fine to the crank 58xx pulsetrain.

I think I have it working now, I have some more
testing to do. I would achieve sync, but then
would loose sync. It turns out that the ITC
interrupt routine should switch one of the
parameters from #teeth to (2*#teeth)+1. I missed the +1.

I think the answer is that the cam signal will
cause the ITC routine to generate an increment
and interrupt on the leading edge, so it really
doesn't matter when it happens as long as it happens before the missing tooth.

>HTH, jc

It did. Thanks.

Andrei

Andrei Chichak