[Efi332] list changes and appeal

Steve Ravet Steve.Ravet
Fri Mar 10 15:22:22 UTC 2006

________________________________

	From: efi332-bounces at diy-efi.org
[mailto:efi332-bounces at diy-efi.org] On Behalf Of bowtievette at aol.com
	Sent: Friday, March 10, 2006 8:52 AM
	To: efi332 at diy-efi.org
	Subject: Re: [Efi332] list changes and appeal

	Steve,
	efi332 is effectively dead so for this list, the changes really
have no impact. But the other lists could certainly benefit from
modernization.

	I don't understand the reluctance to the forum style. Perhaps
folks aren't aware that with modern software you can have both the forum
style AND the coveted email distribution. A quick look at what the
Megasquirt guys have done at www.msefi.com shows what can be done. There
you get an instant view of thread history and general subjects are
neatly packaged into forums. If you like, you can still have email
generated within each forum so that you only get the subjects you want.
Its win-win.

A couple people mentioned msefi and whatever package they use, I'm not
on msefi so I'm not familiar with it.  Frankly I'd rather not put the
time into figuring out a new software package so I'm glad the consensus
is the way it is.

	On the twiki subject, my opinion is that most of these type of
sites get very convoluted and unusable quickly. Aren't there some html
savvy listers who will volunteer to maintain the web pages?

Volunteers aren't that reliable, that's why I decided to pay for web
hosting rather than find another volunteer. The twiki is pretty
configurable in that some pages can remain under the control of a few
individuals, and other pages can be wide open.  It basically makes every
list member a volunteer.

--steve

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium.  Thank you.