ECU

Wayne Blair wayneb at foxboro.com.au
Thu Apr 1 00:03:41 GMT 1999

Hi, can some one point me to, or give me a sumarry of the various
types of boxes that come under the banner GM ECU's.

I know and have seen:

uses 24 pin eproms
C3		ECM

uses 28 pin eproms with 2 black chips (limp res nets of sumpin) 2 connectors
P4		ECM
P4 derived 	PCM

uses 32 pin eprom 3 connectors
?????????

uses eeprom or flash or sumpin
???????

A summary of distinguishing features eg connectors, code memory sizes/type.
I think service numbers and app ( map/maf ecm auto man 4 6 8 ) would be
categories and sub categories in each ECU type. I guess Ludis has most of
this for C3 and P4.

This would be a handy reference on the web pages ?

wayne
[Brisbane Australia]