808 Questions (!) Again...(LONG)

Jon Fedock Galadar at worldnet.att.net
Sun Apr 4 23:12:36 GMT 1999

Hello All,
    I've been doing alot of research lately on the 808, and have a few
questions concerning it:

1. In the "V8Wire.exe" file, there isn't any provision for knock
sensor/module. Is this correct for the ASBX bin (which seems to have knock
retard rates?!) ?

2. Has anyone successfully run an ASBX bin in a 165 on a 305 TPI (actual
running/driving time)? I know the Holden 307 is a whole different beast from
a Chevy 305 and was wondering just how close the calibration would be.

3. Is the ASBX bin for Auto trans or Manual? I know this should be an easy
question to answer, but in the "Programming 808" series, the locations given
show both tcc and shift light locations (?). If auto, is there a manual bin
available?

4. I was trying to find the fuel map(s) in ASBX, but I can't seem to be able
to identify them by their size. They all seem to be *much* larger than in
the '747 - which is my only example of how they are *supposed* to look.
Fatal Error :). I don't really want to reinvent the wheel here by just trial
and error, but if that is what it takes, so be it. Anyone have any ideas?

5. OK, this isn't a question, but a *BIG* thanks to Dr. Plecan and everyone
else who has contributed to the list.

And as always, thanks for ANY input and/or correction.
Jon Fedock