TPI cyl. head #'s

Ron Gregory rgregory at chrysalis.org
Wed Apr 7 19:41:33 GMT 1999

March '99 Hot Rod magazine has an article titled
"Cheap Street Heads"

They talk about using 305 heads on a 350 for
increased compression/power... up to about 5000 rpm.

It mentions a chamber size of 54cc, but no casting numbers

I'm in the process of cleaning up a set of 305 heads off
an '85 TPI Z-28 to bolt on a '99 Tahoe engine I bought
a few weeks ago.  The TPI intake obviously won't bolt to
those Vortech heads, so I'm cleaning-up those TPI heads
to fit the 5.7 engine.

Folks keep telling me to get a carb and intake for those
Vortech heads, but then it wouldn't be fuel injected.

BTW, the setup is going into my '78 Malibu.  I have
a '91 Z-28 wiring harness and computer.  I think
the intake may be off the '91, too, becaus there's
no 9th injector and there's a MAP sensor on the
upper intake... we'll see

FYI, the '85 engine with '91 wiring/'puter and
TPI intake etc, cost me $250, so I sort of expect
some missing pieces.  The '99 Tahoe long block
was pulled with 14k miles... cost me $500.
~~~~~~
Ron Gregory                 Syclone VIN #1452
rgregory at iname.com          Garland, TX