Identity?

Jon Fedock Galadar at worldnet.att.net
Mon Apr 12 01:32:02 GMT 1999

Hello All,
    A friend of mine has a turbo'd VW Bug that is fueled by what I suspect
is a GM ECM. I talked him into letting me take the cover off it (It is a
smaller case than a '165 with similar if not same connectors). Much to my
surprise, there was no EPROM! The chips inside have GM looking numbers on
them, and written on the inside of the case in marker is the number
16142013. I checked Ludis' site for this, but did not see it. Did I miss it?
Anyway, there are three surface mounted chips inside with these markings:

One of these:
    185
    16141356
    KQENG8946C

Two of these:
    519K
    9108 16079435

    Another one is present, but much smaller, and I didn't write the numbers
down. This ECM is a "custom" setup for his car by Turbo City (I think - it
may be from The Turbo Shop, one of the two). It uses a GM 2-bar MAP. Any
ideas on this one? Thanks in advance.
Jon Fedock