A Newbie Question

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Tue Apr 13 13:50:16 GMT 1999

----- Original Message -----
From: <JTesta1966 at aol.com>
To: <gmecm at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 1999 9:10 AM
Subject: A Newbie Question

If you go to the DIY_EFI Homepage, and poke around you'll find programming
101, and while that is about the 747 ecm, the strategies apply to other
ecms.
Yours being MAF rather than MAP will vary alot, but most all the math
applies.
The biggest difference is rather than using K/Pa as an indication of engine
load the gns use LV8 (load variable), and that is a function of
grams/second.
  There is work being done on a dicitionary, but it's not ready for prime
time yet.
While time consuming, reading the archives a couple times will really help.
It may sound like a BS answer, but there is a ton of good info., there.
  Also, get ready for learning gmese<g>.
Bruce

> Hi All,
>
> Some of you I already know from another list, and hopefully the rest of
you
> wont think this as a too newbie or lamer question, despite the fact I'm on
> AOL :-P
>
> I'm trying to learn to program some proms, I have a few hex programs, and
> have a proprietaery program for programming 1986-87 GN proms. Thats neat,
> BUT, I'd like to find a resource on what locations mean, what purpose they
> serve, and what the common adjustments are in those locations. I'm not
asking
> for any trade secrets, I just wana get an idea of whats what. I'd like to
> innovate on my own. I downloaded a stock GN prom table (its a spreadsheet
in
> excel) for the GN's and while looking at the same chip in rom format in a
> typical hex editor, cant find where some of the info is, for example a
> certain address might be hi rpm cutoff..theres a hex value, and I assume
at
> the end of the line a checksum value for that line? Like there might be:
(I'm
> not looking at anything now, this is erroneus data)
>
> $33F0   AA  AB AC CD EE FF CC DD-EE FF AB AC AD AE 99 F0
>
> I know the first number is the base memory address, and each of the 15
values
> are a parameter till the next line which would go to $3400, but the last
> pieces of info on that like..the ...(.!..ac...... stuff..what is that? And
> what signifigance does it have? Is it that lines entry for the overall
> checksum? Maybe someone can explain that to me as well...ANYWAY..in the
table
> (the spreadsheet) I have, the last entry in a line is like KMRPMHI which
I've