archives

Pat Ford pford at qnx.com
Wed Apr 14 15:37:29 GMT 1999

On Wed, 14 Apr 1999, steve ravet wrote:

> Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 10:22:31 -0500
> From: steve ravet <Steve.Ravet at arm.com>
> To: gmecm at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu
> Subject: Re: archives
>
> short answer, not without a lot of cutting and pasting on your part.

8-(

> There's one interesting thing you can do.  If you download an entire
> monthly archive as a big file, netscape and probably other email clients
> will treat it as a mail folder, and you can use your mailers search
> functions to search it instead of the archive search.  Or you can load
> it into word or some other text processing program, or you can grep it.

cool I'll try that.

> If you do search for 730, also search for other variants of the part
> number.  The most common that people use are 3 digits, 4 digits, and the
> whole thing.  If you search on 730 the search engine won't return a post
> that only has 1227730 (or whatever).

thanks for the pointers, I'll ftp the file when I get it done, and send a
readme as well. It may take a while, I can't really do this @ work

Pat Ford                           email: pford at qnx.com
QNX Software Systems, Ltd.           WWW: http://www.qnx.com
(613) 591-0931      (voice)         mail: 175 Terrence Matthews
(613) 591-3579      (fax)                 Kanata, Ontario, Canada K2M 1W8