1227747 Diacom output?

Steve Ciciora sciciora at al.noaa.gov
Mon Apr 19 20:26:29 GMT 1999

At 03:50 PM 4/19/99 -0400, you wrote:

>At one time I was really pushing for having an engine simulator, and thought
>that would be the neatest thing.  But, along they way having played with the
>bench for some months now, I haven't really needed it.
>  Being able to run things precisely, at one set of variables, allows you to
>change one thing at a time, and see what happens.  If you looking for an
>address for something this is exactly what ya want.

>  The One Thing Needed is a programable O2 feed back devise.  Where
>something looks at the PW and relays back the change to ecm thru the O2.

Ya, for me the brain dead solution would be to record a 'run' with diacom
(all the inputs to the 7747, including o2), and just feed them back to the
benched ecm.  With a little software, it seems that you could 'lean out' the
o2 sensor for the next run, 'richen it up' for another software simulated
run, etc.  Hence the simulator.  I figured Diacom is an easy way to record
this run.

>  Disabling  codes 13-44-45 on some of the ecms or locking out closed loop,
>can get around this.
>Bruce
>       Doc was sooo Happy,  at the laundramat, he keep hitting the payoff
>for the one dollar slot machine.  I didn't have the heart to tell him why he
>kept getting 4 quarters.

After a few beers, I had that problem, once.

I'm still interested in getting a Diacom run.  It would give me a data point
to look at.  I could even lend someone my Diacom cable (but I lost the Damn
software!!!  Rinda Technologies wants to charge me $100 for another disk!
 I bought a stand alone scan tool for less than that...)