Emulator Come on guys

Andrew K. Mattei amattei at mindspring.com
Thu Apr 22 00:11:50 GMT 1999

Mike Pitts wrote:

> I agree.  Build that one and I'll buy a thrid emulator! 8-)
> Someone could probably program an existing micro to act
> as a "wedge" to accept serial commands from the PC and
> send parallel commands to the emulator, without having
> to do any major electrical design work.

Methinks that's the design Ludis has proposed, using a PIC, DPSRAM,
etc...

Tell the PIC the address you want to change, it passes that in to the
DPSRAM. ECM then reads the updated data. Singular data point changes.

I'd call that a significant "advancement" over these existing designs,
but work is needed (I think) to get it in place. I'm up for that version
too... This first version applies KISS pretty well, that allows Ludis'
emulator to have a little "feature creep" designed in... ;)

-Andrew