1227165 Tuning Advice

Bruce Wilcox (EUS) EUSBEW at am1.ericsson.se
Thu Apr 22 16:43:46 GMT 1999

Thanks for the reply Bruce.

1. The heads are Air Flow Research 190's. The overall Compression Ratio is
10:1.

2. This data represents the first performance baseline.

3. The injector pulse widths are listed below.

    1st Gear: 8.5 - 9.6 mS
    2nd Gear: 7.8 - 10.0 mS
    3rd Gear: 8.5 - 11.0 mS

4. What methods can be used to analyze the starting mode knock counts???

5. The engine is so loud I can not hear the WOT pre-ignition or spark knock.
Can the knock sensor get false triggers??? What compression ratio generates
enough noise to create false triggers???

Thanks and Best Regards,

Bruce