1227165 Tuning Advice

Bruce & Lisa Wilcox wilcoxbl at gte.net
Fri Apr 23 17:58:06 GMT 1999

-----Original Message-----
From: Walter Sherwin <wsherwin at idirect.com>
To: gmecm at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <gmecm at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Thursday, April 22, 1999 3:04 PM
Subject: Re: 1227165 Tuning Advice

>>I think the ECM is learning over time. The long term BLM is low (110) but
>>the short term integrator is around 128. I believe this indicates that the
>>ECM has compensated.
>

>1) What is the BCC and original application of the software package you are
>running?

The original BCC is 1135ACYC (87 305 TPI / T5 trans / 3.08:1 limited slip /
16" wheels). The present configuration is a warmed up 355 TPI with an ASM
custom MEMCAL.

>2) When you punch it, and run WOT, what exactly do the BLM, BLM CELL, and
>INT read?  Does the INT change to 128 as soon as you go WOT?

at WOT the parameters are listed below.

BLM = 128
BLM Cell = 15
INT =128

Yes, these parameters change as soon as WOT operation starts.

>3) When driving around town, do you see CLOSED LOOP = YES  or LEARNED A/F =
>YES?

Closed Loop = Yes
Learn Mode = Enabled

>4) 110 seems like a pretty low learned BLM value.
>
>5)  Do you have any missing "inputs" such as VSS or P/N or others that the
>OE software may have relied upon?  When driving around town, does the BLM
>CELL always stay fixed at one or two values?

To my knowledge, all stock transducers are connected and functional. The BLM
Cell moves as a function of RPM and LV8.

>6)  Is your fuel pressure relief valve cutting back the fuel pressure
during
>idle and vac conditions?

Yes, the idle FP is around 44 PSI and the WOT FP is 50+ PSI.