1227165 Tuning Advice

David A. Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Fri Apr 23 12:33:54 GMT 1999

At 12:05 PM 4/23/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Thanks Dave,
>
>Assuming the FP change works to eliminate the WOT knock, what would I change
>to center the BLM for the closed loop condition??? There are many tables
>related to the fuel control!

Hi Bruce, Actually, what you can do is maybe leave the FP alone or use it
to center the cruise BLM closer to 128, then use the PE A/F % vs RPM to add
fuel at WOT...  The FP change can be used quickly to see if the knock goes
away without modifying the chip.

>If I run out of FP adjustment range at WOT, do I play with the "Open Loop
>A/F Pct. Chg. vs. LD Value" table or the or the "Power Enrichment A/F Pct.
>Change vs. RPM table" ??? My guess is the Open loop table. Is this correct??

nope, PE... Open loop is a misnomer for WOT... OL is used for initial
warmup... once it goes into closed loop, goinng to WOT is a form of open
loop but it's called PE.  The open loop A/F tables may have some effect on
it, but they will screw with the warm up fuel curve as well... PE tables
only affect the fuel at WOT (Actually a bit before WOT, as there is a table
or two that specify when PE is used... PE enable vs TPS & RPM)

>I looked for a WOT Spark Adder table and could not find one. Does one exist
>for the 1227165 ECM's??

You might see if there is spark advance/retard vs time in PE or similar...
anything PE will affect WOT.
           David Cooley N5XMT           Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
   Sponges grow in the ocean... Wonder how deep it would be if they didn't?!