2.8l throttle body & 747

Shane Forster shane at nanosecond.com
Tue Aug 3 20:46:57 GMT 1999

Hi everyone, I've got a couple questions.
First off what I'm trying to do is put fuel injection on my '69 Land Cruiser
which has a 240 ci inline six. Most conversions available for this model are
based on the GM 4.3l throttle body and ecm and are also all around $1200.
After searching junk yards in my area I've come to the conclusion that
4.3l's are hard to come by, and if you can find one, very pricey. From
lurking on the list I understand that the 747 ecm is easiest to modify fuel
tables, etc and I feel, with your collective help I could feasibly so this.
I've also noticed that GM 2.8l's are readily available and their throttle
bodie's cheap enough. I was wondering if anyone knows what kind of CFM this
things are rated at and if it would work on my engine. The top RPM on my
engine is about 4200 RPM and it doesn't get there very often and not for
extended periods of time. And if this TB will flow, will it work with the
747? It seems that it should but I don't know for sure (heck, it might even
mate stock with a 747, i don't know). Thanx in advance for any help!
-Shane