Lower ball joints

Frederic Breitwieser frederic at xephic.dynip.com
Wed Aug 4 15:41:11 GMT 1999

> All of the parts stores want to sell me lower ball joints without the
> control arm. I manual says they are serviced as one piece.
>
> Can the 86 lower ball joints be removed from the control arm?

I missed this thread, my apologies for jumping in late.

Most GM cars in the mid to late 80's, especially the smaller cars, had
the lower ball joints rivited to the control arm, therefore you have to
drill off the rivits, bang the ball joint off, then bolt on the new
one.  Usually the ball joint kits come with the appropriate bolts.

--

Frederic Breitwieser
Xephic Technology

Tele: (203) 372-2707