7747 A/C enable

Brent Obermiller ober_b at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 5 12:03:34 GMT 1999

Unforunately, I now believe that Ludis is right...that is the polarity of
the computer output is opposite (not the state of the output).  I found the
A/C wasn't cycling AFTER grenading the evaporator (ESTER oil is very messy).
  Originally, I JUST switched output contacts on the relay (as many of you
suggested), then the compressor engaged on request, and doing this
eliminated the pressure switch from the circuit, somehow; For record the
blame is mine as I did this BEFORE writing for everyone's advice.  I bought
a new evaporator and rewired the car to the 92 Roadmaster Schematic. Let
this serve as a public service message to save money ($125 evaporator and
Freon charge cost).
-Brent

To reply directly
mailto:ober_b at sssnet.com