7747 A/C enable

Brent Obermiller ober_b at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 5 19:42:24 GMT 1999

There WAS a message sent preceding my DUH comment which apparently is lost
in CyberLand...But the short is: Steve's diagram is accurate except my
signal to the ecm follows the high pressure safety sw.  I didn't see the
explosion, so he could be right-The evaporator may have frozen, broke a
solder joint, and then leaked as I only found the oil everywhere radially
from the heater box, and no refrigerant. I will keep r-409 in mind but I
converted another w/ 134a with no problem, and I can keep one kind on hand.
Also I mentioned that I used an '88 Monte 4.3l Fuel pump relay for BOTH the
fuel pump and A/C relay as I removed the redundant oil pressure sw. and so
the A/C relay can serve as the Fuel pump relay in a roadside emergency.

-Brent

P.S. I'm gone til Tuesday...see ya