7747 A/C enable

DC Smith morepoweral at tetranet.net
Fri Aug 6 19:14:11 GMT 1999

JTesta1966 at aol.com wrote:

> I think the CPU says "turn on AC relay quad driver", and depending on the
> wiring on the board it'd ground, or go to power. A guy more

 This is kind of a rehash of what most everyone else has stated, but..
 I don't recall any GM box supplying 12 volts to run anything. B+ is
usually supplied straight from the fuse block to the device, and then
the ECM grounds the other side of the device, to turn on whatever it is
trying to run. If the operation of this device is backwards with GM's
low side drive setup, it can be changed to do most any type config you
want. If your AC logic is backwards, try hooking the wire on the relay
to.. say the NO contact rather than the NC contact on the relay. This
will invert any functons of the relay. A hard wired SPDT swich can be
made up to make the switch over fast/easy.

> Others please step in if I'm wrong. And if this were the GN list, I know you would :-P
>
> Jim

 I KNOW that's right! There would be 15 or so posts on how you know
nothing, 10 that have done it another way, and one guy that likes to
mathamatically analyze everything you post to find flaws, but never
offers any real answers, just tells you how wrong you are. Then there's
the scoldings for not posting it to the "Bristol list" or something..
Gee, after unsubscribing from that list, my life is sooo much easier..
<grin>
 BTW, my 84 Regal ran a 12.03 in 92 degree weather with a stock 87 GN
intercooler and blue tops, Wednesday. (I feel it should have run high
11's at least) :^(  Maybe there will be some cooler wheather tonite.

 Anyhoo.. I hope the relay info helps a *little*

Dan Smith      84 Regal   12.03 at 110.45     GSCA# 1459
St.Charles, Missouri
mailto:morepoweral at tetranet.net
http://www.tetranet.net/users/morepoweral