another 747 bin

CSH-HQ nacelp at jvlnet.com
Sun Aug 8 04:09:48 GMT 1999

My first custom cross fire to 747 was for a manual tranny, so TCC was inop.,
cost one tranny in trying to diagnose.  Then he had the b---s  to want $50
more to change it to a 700R calibration.  That's when I started burning chips.

  At one time I bought every aftermarket chip for a LG4 many years ago, and
dialed each one in for air flow/metering, and timing, also tried all combos
of thermostats, by chip.  What a huge waste of money.  Biggest average
difference was gas mileage.  Turns out one of the stock gmers wound up
overall faster, best drivability.

But, I have seen some $4-500 chips that did have alot of time in them.

Also, been funny to hear about how some magazine tests were done.

Not saying all the aftermarket stuff is trash, but, buyer be where.
Bruce