OTC 2000 Scan 4sale

Padgett 0sirius padgett at gdi.net
Thu Aug 12 23:33:23 GMT 1999

Seems to be a lot of confusion here. OTC2000 is a hand held "scan" tool.
Usable with C3 and P4 GM cars depending on what cartrige you have (I have
the GM 88 and it works fine on my Fiero, wife's 90 Bonneville, & son'e 90
GA but not on the 92 Transport.) It can provide a readout of combinations
of two elements that are available in the data stream at a time (like TPS
and RPM) but only in pre-programmed combinations. It will also readout
stored trouble codes.

It also has closed/open, rich/lean, p/n, and a/c leds on the front.

It cannot be updated to read modern things but OTC will give a nominal
allowance on trade-in.

The reference to a "custom" readout seemed to be that when a new prom was
blown, one of the normal readouts was replaced by "something else".
Conversion would have to be dome in the head of the user.

I find it very handy to have when I do not want the bother of bringing out
a laptop and running Diacom (which does work in the Transport).

Not an endorsement, just a commentary.
      	A. Padgett Peterson, P.E. Cybernetic Psychophysicist
 Anti-Virus, Cryptographics, & Antique Radio Researcher
http://www.freivald.org/~padgett/index.html
 mailto:padgett at gdi.net     PGP 5.5 Key on request