Programming Delco EPROM's.

DC Smith morepoweral at tetranet.net
Sat Aug 14 02:37:09 GMT 1999

I never have had much luck programming the original delco chips from
the 7148 boxes. Maybe once in a while I may get one to take. (if I try
about 10) I don't know what chip to use, but usually set my ROMMAX up
with the generic 2732A algorythym. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.
 I have my best luck just pitching the delco chips and using the Intel
2732A's . They even self ident in my programmer, where as most other
chips will not.

 Good luck!

Richard Wakeling wrote:

> Hi Ross,
>
> The program speed I use for most of the Delco eproms is
> INTL (1ms retry intelligent). Its a little slow but seems reliable.
> The computer I use for programming eproms is an old 386 running at 40
> MHZ. I have heard that the faster pc can cause problems when burning
> eproms.
>
> Cheers Richard.
>
> Ross Myers wrote:
> >

> > Mmmm, not where I was heading, I ment each manufacturer has a programming
> > algorithm for their EPROM's, i.e. AMD recommend 12.75V @Vpp, and programming
> > pulses of 100uS. What about the Delco I.C's?.
> >
> > Bye
> >
> > Ross Myers

Dan Smith      84 Regal   12.03 at 110.45     GSCA# 1459
St.Charles, Missouri
mailto:morepoweral at tetranet.net
http://www.tetranet.net/users/morepoweral