Chomping at the bits....egr disable

rr RRauscher at nni.com
Sat Aug 14 16:40:08 GMT 1999

Carl, I'm not too sure on how to read your post? I've used these
settings when I set up my car and it appears to work:

{0x1b8, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0.0, 0, 0.6786,EGR on - *Low VAC Kpa*,,,(set to
0xFD),}
{0x1b9, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0.0, 0, 0.6786,EGR on - *Hi VAC Kpa*,,,(set to
0xFF),}
{0x1bf, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0.0, 0, 0.3906,EGR off - *TPS% Thres*,,,(set to
0x00),}

I've also done the 'set egr enable temp to max' on a '730 w/AZTY, and
it worked for that one.

<a little while later, I just looked at the '747 code...>

Now I understand, what I had been using, (which I believe Carl was the
pioneer of), is from a long time ago. We have since learned a great
deal more.

**The best way is what Carl is saying now, set the egr enable temp to
max, which on the '747 is location 0x1b3, and set it to 0x00. It's an
inverse temperature. Don't forget to disable the diag mask bits for
egr.**

BobR.

(no disrespect meant, I'll stop trying to be funny from now on out,
I never could get the knack for it...)