FTP Server Temporarily Down (NC)

Frederic Breitwieser frederic at xephic.dynip.com
Tue Aug 17 18:22:44 GMT 1999

> Yeah, no kidding.  Everyone that comes over thinks I am a real geek with
> 5 machines.  2 Linux (one of them is an internet gateway and firewall),

Five?  Ha.

Basement:
 1 NT Web/FTP server
 2 NT Exchange servers
 1 redundant server (replaces one of the above on the fly, just in case)
 1 in progress linux box
 1 dial-up server (my web connection, varys between "LRP" and "MSProxy"
 1 NT backup server
 100 (only) switch

Living Room:
 10/100 switch
 Game PC (attached to TV/Stereo/Subwoofer for games, has Obsidian x2
board)
 My laptop, and my fiance's laptop on occasion.
 HP 4l Printer (on jet direct box)

Dining Room:
 QMS color printer (the beast)

Garage:
 Linux PC (486) with Netscape (browser only)

Bedroom 1:
 MIDI PC
 Video Editing PC (this PC)

Bedroom 2:
 nothing as of yet, which is a good thing :)

Kitchen:
 recipe computer (Compaq all in one 486)

> machines around for compatibility with the some of the free world that
> hasn't discovered Linux yet <G>.

I've made several attempts at Linux, all were horrible failures.  For
some reason, I find the colorful windowing system more intuitive for
configuring.  I couldn't edit sendmail.cf if my life depended on it, no
less find it on the hard disk :)

Like everything else its just practice I guess.  So, back to installing
slackware :)

--

Frederic Breitwieser
Xephic Technology