Passing Emissions

DC Smith morepoweral at tetranet.net
Wed Aug 18 00:57:09 GMT 1999

FWIW,
 I've tried the emissions chip. I think Mike Pitts tweaked them into
existence. I really didn't care for how the car ran with one of these
chips in it. (sorry Mike) They were free, thou.. ya can't complain too
much. :^)
 I've had better luck passing emissions by using my laptop to put the
ECM into aldl mode. I've witnessed my Hc dropping like a rock after
changing the ECM to diagnostic mode. I just went through Missouri
emissions 3 weeks ago. The car failed the first time through, but then
passed with flying colors after the little laptop tweak.

Dave Zug wrote:

> So lets add some stuff. specifically what to do to ecm to help. on
> the buick list site there are links to "emissions" chips and there
> are also the stock chips available (bins). might be interesting to
> disesct them huh?

Dan Smith      84 Regal   12.03 at 110.45     GSCA# 1459
St.Charles, Missouri
mailto:morepoweral at tetranet.net
http://www.tetranet.net/users/morepoweral