What does stoich mean?

Dave Zug dzug at delanet.com
Thu Aug 19 14:49:41 GMT 1999

sooo start the spark table FLAT and tune the fuel for
EGT(substituted for o2, the "stoich" link in this thread), then
advance the spark until detonation then back off a click? <??> I may
be starting way too low on darwin's scale for you to want to go on
and I don't blame you.

the calibration values that the manufaccturer has arrived at are done
with formulas then tweaked with dyno's or what??

> Nope, and nope.
>
> Tune against the clock, and as little timing, as consistant with time, and
> fuel rich (slighter than best time).
> If you run right at detonation, then any error might force ya into detonaton
> spelled $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
> Bruce
>

> >In a message dated 8/19/99 12:57:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> >dzug at delanet.com writes:
> >
> ><< So if given a choice to either
> >
> > a) increase spark asvance until (just before) detonation occurs
> >
> > or
> >
> > b) decrease fuel delivered until (just before) detonation occurs
> >
> > economy minded people choose B and performance people choose A >>
> >
> >I think its a balance of both..as much timing as you can get away with and as
> >lean as you can get away with. Theres definatly a balance of timing/fuel that
> >makes the most power. Its a matter of finding that sweet spot in your car.
> >Everyones car will respond similarly, but like a different combo....a little
> >tweak.
> >
> >Thats my useless opinion.
> >
> >Jim

~~~