7747 Bad Dumps checksums

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Fri Aug 20 00:35:00 GMT 1999

Bruce Plecan wrote:

> This error was caused by an early version, of one of the chip editors.
> Possibly one involving graphiscs.  So beware with all the 7747 bins ya got.
> I'm just relaying, an e-mail, and have no personal experience with how this
> happened, othr than some time ago LL pointed it out, but with out the effect.
>   Would this be the 747 idle bug, or is that something else??

This is the bug, but it's more than idle probs.  As soon as the ecm is
in closed loop, the engine sounds like there's a turn signal flasher
installed in the coil power wire.  As engine rpm is increased, the
frequency of the "flasher" increases.  With a manual trans makes for
some pretty scary driving.
Strange thing is that stock .bins with corrupt bit showed no
symptoms.  As soon as I made any changes (didn't matter which editor I
used), things went sour.

Imagine trying to diagnose that one on flat rate!
Shannen
> Grumpy
>
> Anyone still have the url for the P-Brain, for doing the 68HC11 motorola
> programming, and simulator stuff for it?.  Was like $130, with RS and
> asssemblied.
>   Off list resonse fine.
Hmmm... don't see anything here.
Shannen