Software Dyno...

Dave Zug dzug at delanet.com
Fri Aug 20 10:58:13 GMT 1999

So I get 500 samples in 1/4 mile.. thats like 38 samples a
second average.. 27 per sec at 50 mph. I'm not sure if thats any
better than the 8192 aldl recording vss or rpm.. At 50 mph I'm
almost at the top of second gear(+-70 mph w/ 2.73's) . at speeds
lower than 50 mph the number of samples of coarse is lower and the
distance between pulses is fatter. as long as time is more precisely
measurable in some budget acquisition package then theres an
advantage over aldl. the other bonus is the wheelspin tuning thing,
which has some interest I see.

> From:          "Andrew K. Mattei" <amattei at mindspring.com>
> To:            <gmecm at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
> Subject:       Re: Software Dyno...
> Date:          Thu, 19 Aug 1999 19:06:10 -0500

> Okay so what pin / color wire for the VSS on a 165? whats the signal?
> +- 5v? wouldnt that be convenient.
>

> Connector C1 (the smaller one), A10 - brown wire.
>
> Signal is 2000 pulses per mile (I think)...
>
> ~Andrew

~~~
Dave Z. www.delanet.com/~tgp