Progress1: Software Dyno

Dave Zug dzug at delanet.com
Fri Aug 20 13:53:34 GMT 1999

Okay I've been working and I have the software reading the parallel
port bits directly and logging them. I'm not sure of how quick the
sample rate is.. still a test to do. What I need now is a very simple
circuit to turn vss into what the parallel port considers a 0 and 1.

another circuit could turn ABS signal or even the spikes from
the ground noise from the distrib (another responder idea) into
parallel voltage transitions it does not matter to the software. 1
setting maybe.

If a more complex circuit is used.. all 8 bits can be read
representing the number of transitions sensed in a 0.1 second period
or something (the basis for this idea is from one of the responces--
thanks).

I think "simple" is a good way to start.. if the electronics portion
can be left simple and very cheap all the better IMO.

The circuit can be made more complex later.. my goal is to see data
with the PC as simply as possible as a first step

more to come.
~~~
Dave Z. www.delanet.com/~tgp