Progress1: Software Dyno

Dave Zug dzug at delanet.com
Fri Aug 20 15:40:20 GMT 1999

The part about the software delaying the read frequency is what I
was wondering about. I'd sure like to put up a dynamic graph but this
takes ticks. probably not very useful while you are driving anyway.

I dont know what the vss looks like yet. scoping it this weekend.

the simplest software routine will catch the present value, store it
in ram and catch the next one. then later store to disk. the next
slowest will store each value to disk immediately. I might be woried
about nothing.. probably plenty fast enough. One thing though..
windows is unpredictable in the time slices it gives its programs. I
have a watchdog on this though.. VB allows you to get a milisecond
timer reading whenever you want. I'll grab it after each read and all
the time differentials should be the same. If not.. a minor
adjustment in the software to account for it and a little bit of
error.

If  I would just learn C I'd be all set and windoze could do the
graphing and interpolation alone. would be really simple I think for
someone to write a C routine to capture parallel pin one continuously
and stop with a keypress and store the recording to disk. then I'd
take it from there. My input would just be a loong file of zeros
and ones.

adjusting the voltage from vss to parallel is the circuit I need yes.
I'll do it myself after I chack the VSS with the scope and get off
the software end but if someone who already knows the signal wants to
help and make a diagram... ~

~~~
Dave Z. www.delanet.com/~tgp