8cyl *SFI* P-4 was RE: Traction

Ross Myers ponty at axis.jeack.com.au
Wed Aug 25 13:26:25 GMT 1999

>>Aanyone ever seen/done an 8-cyl P-4 *SFI* ecm? my camaro would like
>>that one.. if I were going to put in the time for a conversion to MAP
>>or harness change I would want to try this at the same time if it
>>was feasable. hmmm...
>
>If you go with an 808 prom conversion, is uses the 165, and just a very
>simple change, to go to MAP, I think I pposted the 808 wiring at FTP, if
not
>lots of aussies here would have it
>6 cyl SEFI onna P-4 is all I've seen
>Grumpy

Wiring pics, no probs, however the 808's never had 8192 data, it can't be
enabled because it's not even written in the program. Might suck if you are
starting from scratch and trying to tune of the fly.
The 082 MAP V8's had high speed Serial capabilities but then you would need
to get around the serial data BCM security check.
Does that Camaro really need to be different?.

Ross Myers