Peak and hold conversion (crossposted)

the Fredericks fredericksk at worldnet.att.net
Fri Aug 27 03:22:13 GMT 1999

The data sheets for the P&H drivers from Cherry Semiconductor are on the
web.  I have a  converted 192 ECM that was done on the board.  Basically,
the 5 pin P&H drivers are the same TO-220 case size as the transistor they
replace; you bend two legs up and put the new zeners and dropping resistors
flat on the board; solder them to their respective pins on the drivers.
Then pot the whole mess in place.  It's kind of ugly but fits into the ECM
case fine.

A stand-alone P&H adapter that would also allow duty cycle tuning  for each
cylinder is a project I hope to build someday.   I  know Accel makes one but
it's for batch fire ECMs only.

Kendall Frederick