730 in a 730 - troubles

Jeremy Gonyou jgonyou at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 31 23:05:47 GMT 1999

>What EPROM burner are you using?
>I had one from Jameco with a ZIF socket in a little box (can't remember the
>brand) and it would write a chip, verify it correctly, but the chip would
>not work... come back in and read the chip and it was ok... Used a friends
>burner and the Jameco unit had "scrambled" the code in the chip, but
>thought it was fine... Finally bought a Needhams PB-10 and it works great.

I use the PB10, too.  I've been doing 747 eproms with it without any
problem.  Though every once in a while I'll get skewed data off of a 27c256.
  I've been verifing checksums in an external hex editor to make sure.

Will a 730 give you a code if the eprom has a bad checksum, or will it go
into limp-home mode?

Jeremy