Diacom Cable

Mike Wesley mwesley at mediaone.net
Wed Dec 1 00:34:04 GMT 1999

> > Sort of true. You own the car and all it's parts..including the EPROM
> > inside it.
> > But you are granted an inherent license to use *thier* program which
> > runs in the EPROM. GM still owns the program and it is copyrighted with
> > the feds.
>
> Really, where's the end user license agreement thats for my car?

I see your point...actually that's the exact same question I asked Ford
;)
I had to go to court over all of this stuff so I am pretty familiar with
it. The copyright is there..trust me.

> > Actually they do. They just don't think it's worth the time/effort to
> > protect it.
>
> because they know they'd lose.

Not really. Ford lost to me due to some mistakes they made. I got lucky.

> > Look at it this way. Go buy a new copy of any software program you want.
> > Is it legal to install it on your machine then post the files off the CD
> > on the net for everyone else to download. Not really.
>
> If that program didnt come with an End User License agreement, they
> probably cant do anything but bark at you to stop.

Hmmm... wonder why the feds bust warez sites every so often? I doubt
those kids even know what a EULA is.

Mike...