Triacom

Craig Moates craigmoates at home.com
Wed Dec 1 01:16:26 GMT 1999

Noble goal:

Create PC code, independent of existing software, which utilizes the
parallel interface to communicate with the ECM. This would rationally
justify the existence of supporting hardware. Hey, the software could be set
up to support parallel and serial. I'm sure there could be all kinds of
desired functionality added, particularly if it was made open-source public
domain. Who knows, while no profits would roll in, it might be fun as a
bonus. It would certainly exceed the utility of commercially available
products.

If the protocol happened to be similar to existing systems, I guess one
would have to steer clear of infringement on that account. Patent search
might be in order. Who knows, maybe existing commercial cables could come in
handy for the new generation of Comm software in the 3rd millenium? (only a
few days left)

As for building a piece of hardware which supports only copyrighted
software, the intent is pretty clear if the builder does not own the
software. This is my only comment on it. Heck, I was a pirate at a very
young age: no judgement here. Just don't see the benefit of using bandwidth
without a cause. Thus, this is my only injection (no pun intended) to the
issue.

-Craig