ALDL and the Patent WAS Diacom Cable

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Wed Dec 1 03:22:04 GMT 1999

Gee, just for the lack of anything better to do,I read the Diacom owners
manual.
With all the talk about software no mention is even made about the hardware
other than warranty, or damage.
  Matter of fact, it's real interesting reading......
  Not to press a point, but the instructions say I can make two copies, one
for archival purposes, OK how about for a public archive?.  Just include a
don't download statement.
  Follows the letter of the instructions.
  Interesting also, is that no patents are mentioned.
  First mention of copyright is 87, some of the patent stuff is earlier then
that..
Grumpy
  Just can't resist stirring the pot as the boils slows to a simmer.