Diacom Cable (to GMY2K) Check your DIC

Jeff M tystorm at email.msn.com
Wed Dec 1 15:50:48 GMT 1999

Better check your DIC though, it is wired with the rest of your TGP/ECM and
will show "00" pretty soon, won't hurt anything but you do have a date and
it is one symbiotic part of your system.  My Wife's 1992 Trofeo has a very
elaborate ECM/BCM/SIR/IPC system that is absolutely astonishing being that
is  able to use the existing in-car display to show all data for many areas;
blower speed/volts in BCM (and 39 more), turn on and off individual
injectors in ECM as well as snap-shot and user override/activation (allowed
me once to find an elusive clicking noise by cycling the purge canister
solenoid and hopping under the hood to confirm the culprit and location) and
31 more.  And IPC and SIR troubleshooting but not as exciting (AND all
without a Diacom!!!).....and this system has a clock with a 4 digit year
display that may not care if there is any different time zone or such but
the clock does tic, and time will tell less I move it ahead my self ;-).

Jeff M