working w/ K Thermocouples was: EGT Sensors

Steve Ciciora sciciora at al.noaa.gov
Wed Dec 1 19:21:27 GMT 1999

At 10:23 PM 11/12/99 -0600, you wrote:
>What type material do you use? I have only small amounts of help with ferrite
>beads . I use single end grounded shielded thermocouple wire . Interested in
>your process.
>
>Steve

I'm sorry, I'm traveling on business, so I don't know what material.  Just
the ferrite beads that our store room sells.  Like I said, I have not had a
problem where placing the beads helped, I just put them there all the time.
 My co-worker, though, has solved other people's problems at least twice by
telling them to put these beads on their thermocouples.  As I think I
mentioned, I did have a problem w/ a big spike killing my AD conditioner
chip, and 'back to back diodes' accross the chip's input (with ferrite
beads, also) fixed my problem.

Good luck,

- Steven Ciciora

Oh, I was using isolated thermocouples, and grounding one lead at the chip.